Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blog Post # 11

First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class Today I watched an awesome video form Ms. Cassidy. I thought it was great how she got her class started with technology, and how she decided what would be best for her and her class, and then put it together to create various web sites that could be used in and outside of the class room to enhance their learning.

photo of nintendo DS

I think how I would implement technology in my class room like Ms. Cassidy, is to use different sources of technologies like the the nintendo d.s. It would give the students a break from learning, but in the same aspect while they are playing the game they will still be in engaged in the learning process. I would like to be able to also implement blogging in the class as an alternate method of teaching and learning while we are actually sitting in the class room. Ms. Cassidy also made another great point, that technology may not be as accessible as we like it to be.  That maybe due to lack of funding, but she was a teacher that was determined for her class to be a part of the technology world. The benefits of using technology in the class room will allow the students to broaden their creativity as well as allow them to expand their ways to apply what they have learned and use it even further out side of the class room. Ms. Cassidy was very thorough in gathering information before she made it accessible to her students. I hope to one day be able to think of ideas as she did that will help my class stay up to date with this ever so changing world of technology.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monsenya,
    I agree, Its great how Ms. Cassidy introduce her students to technology which included a variety of ways. I too would like to incorporate blogging in my classroom when I become a teacher. I also agree that when students are involved in technological learning it allows students to be even more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...determined..." That is critical! Are you determined?

    ReplyDelete