Tuesday, February 22, 2011

blog#10

Kaplan College I watched the video on Kaplan college, and I don't see how they can offer a free education. I don't believe it is possible nothing is for free. There is a college in Mobile that say they offer free tuition for minority, but there are still expenses that will occur. Moreover, they say at Kaplan you can go for five weeks as a student on a trail basis, what happens after that? Do you pay for the time you spent in class? In my opinion there is always a catch to gimmicks like that and further more getting an education is not free.
What is an Podcast by Judy Scharf I understand what a podcast is but will it be beneficial in a class room setting? I don't think students will act responsibly while using the podcast. In my opinion students already have too many distractions when it comes to learning so let's put a limit on via internet. I am sure they could be used in a class room environment it just need to be monitored closely by the teachers.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Monsenya! I am your C4C blogger for this week. Just for clarification, I'm commenting on Blog Post 5...I think that's what you meant in the title (but, you can easily edit that)...believe me, I have definitely learned about editing because I have done quite a bit of it on my own blog. Since we had a choice of resource links for this post, I chose "Eagle's Nest Radio", "Benefits of Podcasting", and "100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn." I think students become more engaged and less distracted when they have the proper tools for learning. It will be up to us as teachers to synthesize technology with multiple intelligences (learning styles.) I agree podcasts can (and should) be used in the classroom. The teacher should not only monitor but engage his/her student's with tools that encourage the use of higher order thinking skills: analysis, synthesis, and evaluation. Creating podcasts accomplishes this objective. Good luck in EDM-310 and your future classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda left great comment and I really don't have too much to add. Monsenya... You are one of the funniest students this semester, but you have really got to step up your blogging and soon! When it comes to grades we look at timeliness AND quality. I am just shedding light because you are one of my favorites. Let me know how I can help, you know I will.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete