Wednesday, March 23, 2011

blog post #9

What I Have Learned I really enjoyed reading Mr. McClung post about becoming a first time teacher. I am a first time teacher assistant and I'm loving it, but just like Mr. McClung stated, that you feel that you are being watched by your fellow co-workers and you then feel that you have to prove your self to others. Therefore as a teacher we lose perspective of why I choose this profession. Mr. McClung also stated that the only crowd we need to be aware of is that of the students. We as teachers need to stay focused on the prize, which is the success of the students whom you are teaching and their education. This is not an easy task because there are so many different personalities in one room, and as a teacher we must be aware of them all. There is no such thing as a perfect class even though you follow lesson plans on a day to day basis hoping that this will keep you on track, the class room environment, settings and the student interaction changes from day to day therefore we must become flexible in our teaching. ..We as teachers we must always stay positive and willing to listen. We must remember that students depend on us to teach and help them to learn, for me being a early childhood teacher I get a thrill when I feel that a child has learned something from me in class.
I am a person who is very afraid of computers and technology, but since I have been in enrolled in EDM310 class it has helped me tremendously about computers. Mr.McClung gave some good advice, he said just jump in and go with the flow, and it will come to you if you are willing to have an open mind. Again I enjoyed reading his blog, because every thing he said made since I truly believe that if we follow his advice we will become the better teacher we need to become.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog and your comments on Mr. McClung's website. I completely agree with the following statement that you made, "We as teachers need to stay focused on the prize, which is the success of the students whom you are teaching and their education." It is very easy to get distracted by the red-tape, the requirements, administration, etc. and we forget that our ultimate goal is to have an impact on the life of a child. We are there to teach them and help in their development toward being positive contributing adults to society not just pass them through the system. We have to be flexible and react to their reactions and their feedback to see that they are "getting it". It seems like you really understand your role as the teacher and I am sure you will be successful at it! Good luck with the rest of EDM310 - don't let it overwhelm you and like Mr. McClung said, jump in and go with it. We are all learning as we go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better. I am sending you a separate critique focusing on your writing.

    ReplyDelete