Wednesday, March 30, 2011

blogpost#10

Don't let them take the Pencils Home I read the blog from Tom and I agree with what he is saying, how can a pencil do harm to a child's education? children need to be able to do free style in a since, they need to be able to take a pencil home and do what ever. Hangman is just an example,but children use this to enhance their thinking skills as well as their vocabulary skills. Tom made a good point why not try and find a solution rather than adding to the problem. Educators are here to help not hurt so let's not forget the reason why we became educ

ators and teachers.

An open letter to educators I watched the video from Dan, and I agree with some of the comments he made about colleges, they are getting to the point where it is all about the professor and not the education itself. I am currently enrolled in a teaching class this semester, and we seldom open the text book, it's all on power points,and I feel that there needs to be some interaction between the professor and the class not just a whole lot of talking and note taking to memorize. Dan made another good point, when he said that if you don't keep up with todays world, then the world will live you behind, and I feel like that now with some of the classes I am currently enrolled in.
I also looked at some of Morgan's blogs she is a person with an in depth description of her self
I find her to be very interesting with her teaching styles and information, Morgan seem to have so much enthusiasm about her teaching and I think that is great.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked how the pencil in his blog was a metaphor for computers. It really is the same old problem, but with a new "device." At the time education began it was controversial, and now it is becoming so again because of the introduction of the computer. I really enjoyed this blog!
    As far as the video goes, I definitely think that if a class wants to truly be "taught" then it needs to be interactive. College is a hard place to do that because of the large amounts of students, but it can be done.

    ReplyDelete