Sunday, March 13, 2011

blogpost#8

Richard Miller This video was very in depth about what it will take for a teacher will need to prepare themselves for the ever changing world. I believe this video is one that needs to be viewed by everyone who is going into the education field. Mr. Miller is an awesome speaker with a very creative mind and I think that is very important when it comes to learning as well as teaching. What more can you say about this video when it says it all? We as educators need to always try and remember what was said on this video, because what he is teaching will always have a place in our educational system.
Learn to Change This video made some good points, but I feel that kids are not using their time outside of school to collect information with their free time, they are just fooling around with it. Kids today have access to any and every technology possible, but they are not using it solely for the right reasons. I do think that it is great to have technology at our reach as teachers and learners. We all need to learn to change with the changing technology on a daily basis so that when the time comes for us as a teacher we be able to adapt to what ever comes our way for as technology.The Secret powers of Time I have to be honest this video did not teach me much about nothing, it seems like he was just rambling about religion and so forth the presentation was not the best either, there's not much I can say about this video.
The Surprising Truth about What Motivates Us There are several things that motivate me and one of them is education. I do think that as a person we need to be motivated in one way or another, that is what help us to keep going. Motivation can be interpreted in many ways it just depends on the person who is trying to be motivated. I enjoyed this video it had more information that can be useful as a future educator. Do you know what motivates you into wanting to do something or get better at it? Motivation is word that needs to be used in the class room as a teacher as well as a learner. Let's keep the motivation and instill it in our children and see how far it will take them into the future.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with what you said about how our students are using technology. Most of the time, students, myself included, don’t use technology for the right reasons. I do think it’s important to provide students with the technology so they can learn, but we have to be careful to monitor them and not rely completely on it because it can be misused. I also like “The Surprising Truth about What Motivates Us”. I thought I learned some cool lessons that we can use in the classroom to better motivate our students. Don’t you think it’s important to have our students learn to motivate themselves too though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what did Mr. Miller say to us? Take out the Mr. Miller bit and it would be a "portable paragraph."

    "The Secret powers of Time I have to be honest this video did not teach me much about nothing, it seems like he was just rambling about religion and so forth the presentation was not the best either, there's not much I can say about this video." You are certainly not bashful!

    ReplyDelete